There are many doshas in one’s horoscope according to Vedic Astrology. Kaal Sarp dosh is one of the most serious planetary positions in one’s birth chart or Kundli that shall inflict miserable effects on life.
An individual passes through a very tough time in a life filled with challenges, agonies, and sufferings during the time of Kaal Sarp Dosh. When all the seven planets come between Rahu and Ketu, Kaal Sarp Dosh is formed.
Symptoms of Kaal Sarp Dosh
The signs of Kaal Sarp that indicate this Yog in one’s Kundli:
- One often sees images of dead people in their dreams if one has Kaal Sarp Yog in their natal chart or horoscope. They see their dead ancestors or recently departed family members.
- A feeling of someone trying to strangle them.
- They may also dream of their own house and water bodies.
- It is said that those under the influence of the Kaal Sarp are devoted to their family and society. They are social, nurturing, and unselfish in nature. They are not greedy or self-centered.
- They have to struggle in life and feel lonely in the time of their need due to this yoga present in the Kundli.
- It is believed that those suffering from Kaal Sarp Yog in their horoscope will have children-related problems. Some people will find it difficult to have children others will have bad children who will constantly cause problems.
- Those under the influence of Kaal Sarp Yog have a great fear of snakes and snake bites. In fact, they often dream about themselves being coiled by snakes. They may also suffer from aero acrophobia – the fear of high places or fear lonely places.
How might one be suffering from Kaal Sarp Dosh?
It is said that we will reap what we sow, i.e. we get results as per our Karmas. This is very much true for Kaal Sarp Yoga as well. If a person has killed or caused the death of an innocent animal or a snake during his/her lifetime, then they will have the Kaal Sarp Yog in their Kundlis in their next birth. It is also said that those with Kaal Sarp Yog in their horoscope have to take rebirth to fulfill their unfulfilled desires.
Kaal Sarp Yog Remedies
Many Vedic astrologers suggest remedies to reduce the malefic effects of Kaal Sarp Yoga. (It is very important to ask astrologers before you apply remedies)
- Offering prayers to Nagaraja and other snake gods on Sundays, Panchami, and Aslesha Nakshatra day is beneficial. Fasting on Nag Panchami and worshipping the Nag Devta on this day or praying to Lord Krishna and offering 11 coconuts in the river on a Saturday or on a Panchami is effective.
- Doing food donation is meritorious, feeding animals, and protecting trees and groves also help in alleviating problems associated with Kaal Sarp Yog.
- Chanting the Panchakshari Mantra, i.e. Om Namah Shivaya, or performing the Maha Mrityunjay Mantra Jaap at least 108 times daily is an effective way to overcome this Yog in the horoscope.
- Chanting the Beej Mantra of Rahu 108 times and keeping a string of Agate (akeek) in the hand.
- Watering a Peepal tree every Saturday is considered very effective.
- Offering 108 pairs of Nag and Nagin (female nag) made of metal on the river and offering Rudra Abhishek on a Monday is an effective remedy. Chanting the Kaal Sarp Gayatri Mantra is important too.
- Never do harm to snakes and other reptiles. Chant the names of the nine snake dynastical heads 21 times, especially on Sashti tithi. On Amavasya day, let a snake loose in the forest to enjoy a free life.
- Chant Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra 108 times a day. This shall fill your heart with positive thoughts and confidence.
- Chant Gayatri Mantra 21 times or 108 times in the morning after taking bath facing the sun. Gayatri mantra is the Mother of All Mantras and protects those who chant it faithfully and sincerely.