There are many doshas in one’s horoscope according to Vedic Astrology. Kaal Sarp dosh is one of the most serious planetary positions in one’s birth chart or Kundli that shall inflict miserable effects on life.
An individual passes through a very tough time in a life filled with challenges, agonies, and sufferings during the time of Kaal Sarp Dosh. When all seven planets come between Rahu and Ketu, Kaal Sarp Dosh is formed.
Types of Kaal Sarp Dosh
There are twelve types of Kaal Sarp Dosha, named differently based on the placement of Rahu in the different houses of the birth chart. Here they are:
- Anant Kaal Sarp Dosha: Formed when Rahu is in the 1st house and Ketu is in the 7th house. It can cause problems related to health and relationships. The person may face difficulties in enjoying life’s comforts and may suffer from anxiety.
- Kulik Kaal Sarp Dosha: This occurs when Rahu occupies the 2nd house and Ketu is in the 8th house. It can result in financial problems, familial disputes, and health complications particularly related to accidents.
- Vasuki Kaal Sarp Dosha: Formed when Rahu is in the 3rd house and Ketu is in the 9th house. The person may experience problems with siblings, difficulty in maintaining relationships, and struggles in profession or business.
- Shankhapal Kaal Sarp Dosha: This occurs when Rahu is in the 4th house and Ketu is in the 10th house. The person might face issues with the mother’s health, property disputes, obstacles in education, and an unstable career.
- Padma Kaal Sarp Dosha: Formed when Rahu occupies the 5th house and Ketu is in the 11th house. The person may face difficulties in education, problems in childbearing, troubled love life, and fluctuations in income.
- Mahapadma Kaal Sarp Dosha: This is when Rahu is in the 6th house and Ketu is in the 12th house. The person might face health issues, hurdles in their job, financial troubles, and problems from enemies.
- Takshak Kaal Sarp Dosha: Formed when Rahu is in the 7th house and Ketu occupies the 1st house. The person may experience marital problems, business-related issues, and difficulties in public dealings.
- Karkotak Kaal Sarp Dosha: This occurs when Rahu is in the 8th house and Ketu is in the 2nd house. The person may face unexpected losses, health issues, and financial problems, and may often get involved in legal issues.
- Shankhnaad Kaal Sarp Dosha: Formed when Rahu is in the 9th house and Ketu is in the 3rd house. This can cause problems with the father, religious beliefs, and difficulties in long journeys.
- Patak Kaal Sarp Dosha: This is when Rahu occupies the 10th house and Ketu is in the 4th house. The person may face career-related problems, and property issues, and may struggle to gain recognition in their profession.
- Vishakt Kaal Sarp Dosha: This occurs when Rahu is in the 11th house and Ketu is in the 5th house. The person might face problems in education, child-related issues, and disruptions in income.
- Sheshnag Kaal Sarp Dosha: This is formed when Rahu is in the 12th house and Ketu is in the 6th house. The person might face problems related to expenditures, enemies, health, and difficulties in foreign lands.
Symptoms of Kaal Sarp Dosh
The signs of Kaal Sarp that indicate this Yog in one’s Kundli:
- One often sees images of dead people in their dreams if one has Kaal Sarp Yog in their natal chart or horoscope. They see their dead ancestors or recently departed family members.
- A feeling of someone trying to strangle them.
- They may also dream of their own house and water bodies.
- It is said that those under the influence of the Kaal Sarp are devoted to their family and society. They are social, nurturing, and unselfish. They are not greedy or self-centered.
- They have to struggle in life and feel lonely in the time of their need due to this yoga presence in the Kundli.
- It is believed that those suffering from Kaal Sarp Yog in their horoscope will have children-related problems. Some people will find it difficult to have children others will have bad children who will constantly cause problems.
- Those under the influence of Kaal Sarp Yog have a great fear of snakes and snake bites. In fact, they often dream about themselves being coiled by snakes. They may also suffer from aero acrophobia – the fear of high places or fear lonely places.
How might one be suffering from Kaal Sarp Dosh?
It is said that we will reap what we sow, i.e. we get results as per our Karmas. This is very much true for Kaal Sarp Yoga as well. If a person has killed or caused the death of an innocent animal or a snake during his/her lifetime, then they will have the Kaal Sarp Yog in their Kundlis in their next birth. It is also said that those with Kaal Sarp Yog in their horoscope have to take rebirth to fulfill their unfulfilled desires.
Kaal Sarp Yog Remedies
Many Vedic astrologers suggest remedies to reduce the malefic effects of Kaal Sarp Yoga. (It is very important to ask astrologers before you apply remedies)
- Offering prayers to Nagaraja and other snake gods on Sundays, Panchami, and Aslesha Nakshatra day is beneficial. Fasting on Nag Panchami and worshipping the Nag Devta on this day or praying to Lord Krishna and offering 11 coconuts in the river on a Saturday or on a Panchami is effective.
- Doing food donation is meritorious, feeding animals, and protecting trees and groves also help in alleviating problems associated with Kaal Sarp Yog.
- Chanting the Panchakshari Mantra, i.e. Om Namah Shivaya, or performing the Maha Mrityunjay Mantra Jaap at least 108 times daily is an effective way to overcome this Yog in the horoscope.
- Chanting the Beej Mantra of Rahu 108 times and keeping a string of Agate (Akeek) in the hand.
- Watering a Peepal tree every Saturday is considered very effective.
- Offering 108 pairs of Nag and Nagin (female nag) made of metal on the river and offering Rudra Abhishek on a Monday is an effective remedy. Chanting the Kaal Sarp Gayatri Mantra is important too.
- Never do harm to snakes and other reptiles. Chant the names of the nine snake dynastical heads 21 times, especially on Sashti tithi. On Amavasya day, let a snake loose in the forest to enjoy a free life.
- Chant Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra 108 times a day. This shall fill your heart with positive thoughts and confidence.
- Chant Gayatri Mantra 21 times or 108 times in the morning after taking a bath facing the sun. Gayatri mantra is the Mother of All Mantras and protects those who chant it faithfully and sincerely.