Navaratri Day 7 is a significant day in the Hindu festive calendar. The seventh day is celebrated as Maha Saptami, which is dedicated to worshipping Goddess Kalaratri. She is considered the fiercest form of Goddess Durga and embodies destruction and change. On this day, devotees offer prayers to her to get rid of their ignorance, darkness, and evil thoughts.
Goddess Kalaratri is depicted with a dark complexion, long hair tied in a bun, and four hands holding a sword, a trident, and a torch. Her fierce form is believed to destroy all the negativity that hinders the progress of her devotees. Her divine power brings courage, strength, and determination in one’s life.
Maa Kalaratri Mantra
To worship Goddess Kalaratri, devotees recite mantras dedicated to her. Some popular mantras are:
ॐ देवी कालरात्र्यै नमः॥
या देवी सर्वभूतेषु माँ कालरात्रि रूपेण संस्थिता।
नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नमः॥
Om Devi Kalaratryai Namah॥
Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu Ma Kalaratri Rupena Samsthita।
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah॥Maa Kalaratri Mantra
This mantra is chanted to seek the blessings of the fierce Goddess Kalaratri. It is used by devotees to express their reverence and gratitude towards Goddess Kalaratri. It is dedicated to all forms of Goddess Durga, including Kalaratri, and is believed to bring positive energy and blessings to the devotee.
On this day, devotees wake up early in the morning and take a bath. They wear new clothes and offer prayers to Goddess Kalaratri. The puja ceremony includes lighting up the lamp, incense sticks, offering flowers, and sweets to the Goddess. Devotees recite mantras and offer prayers to seek her blessings. Many also perform havans, yajnas, and other pujas on this day.
The seventh day of Navaratri is a significant day in the Hindu tradition, and it is essential to observe the puja ceremoniously. It is essential to be devoted and offer prayers to the fierce Goddess Kalaratri to seek her protection, blessings, and divine energy. With her grace, all obstacles in life can be overcome, and one can achieve success, happiness, and peace.
Bhogs offered to Maa Kalaratri
During the Navaratri Day 7 puja, devotees offer various bhogs to please Maa Kalaratri. Some of the popular bhogs that are offered to her are:
- Jaggery (gur): This sweet, dark brown, and unrefined sugar is considered auspicious and is offered to Goddess Kalaratri during the puja.
- Black sesame seeds (til): Black sesame seeds are believed to have immense health benefits and are offered to the Goddess to seek her blessings. They are also believed to represent darkness, which is the essence of Kalaratri’s form.
- Flattened rice (poha): Poha, also known as flattened rice, is an easy-to-digest and light food that is offered to the Goddess during the puja.
- Black lentils (urad dal): Black lentils are also considered to be symbolic of darkness and are offered to the Goddess to appease her.
- Kheer: Kheer, a sweet rice pudding made with milk and sugar, is also a popular bhog that is offered to the Goddess.
- Fruits and flowers: Devotees also offer a variety of fruits and flowers to the Goddess to seek her blessings and show their devotion.
Navaratri day 7 is a significant day of the Navaratri festival. It is believed that on this day, Goddess Durga arrived on Earth in the form of Goddess Kalaratri. She is the seventh manifestation of Goddess Durga, and her name means “the one who is dark and terrifying.”
The significance of Navaratri day 7 is to seek the blessings of Goddess Kalaratri, who is believed to destroy all the darkness and negativity surrounding us. She is also known as Shubhankari, as it is believed that devotees who worship her with devotion are blessed with good health, prosperity, and success. Offering prayers to her on Navaratri day 7 is considered very auspicious and is said to bring positive energy and happiness to the devotees.
The Kalaratri mantra is believed to have the power of removing all the negativity in life and bestowing courage, determination, and strength to the devotee. It is also said to help in overcoming fears and obstacles and to achieve success and happiness in life.