There is a wide-spread belief about the effects of heavenly bodies in our life. Planets and stars are always taken into account when we commence something auspicious. Many of us rely on the power of these stellar and cosmic bodies not only in the parts of the world with a dominance of Eastern civilization but also in the western world. Each planet influences different segments of our lives, they give us a different vibe and different energy, some are of benefic effects and some are malefic. They rule over different parts of our psyche, our desires, various needs that defines what kind of person we are.
A question can arise that how can planets that are rotating and revolving in their own axis millions of miles far from us can influence our lives and its a blatant question but then they do. Our bodies are made up of physical elements reacting both chemically and physically and we are merely bundles of atoms held together by the physical bond of the universe just like planets and stars are. This is why we react to cycles of our universe, planetary cycles, and their relative gravity. This is used as the basis of astrology, possible predictions, and remedial measures thereof.
The seven planets; Sun, Moon, Mars, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn have physical existence while Rahu and Ketu do not. Sun and Moon are also called luminaries and Saturn and Jupiter are called slow-moving planets. Each planet has its particular function in the natal chart and represents special energies; their effects are influenced by the zodiac sign it occupies.
When every planet has its own role in human life, Mars is known for being malefic. The color of Mars is red, and it is considered a furious and masculine planet by nature which rules courage and confidence. Mars governs technical and engineering field and the person with good Mars is bound to have excellent qualities of being technical mind Martians prefers arguments and are short-tempered.
Although Mars is considered malefic, for cancer and Leo ascendant this becomes Yogkaraka and bestows the native with prosperity and wealth. Mars also controls passion and indicates a strong and uncontrollable sex urge which is why it is considered to play an important role in the marriage of a girl and a boy in Vedic astrology.
What is Mangal Dosha?
Mangal Dosha is very famous because the dosha can cause many hurdles brakes, disputes, and even divorce in the marital life of a person. When Mars is placed in the 1st,2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th and 12th house of horoscope causes Mangal Dosha. Mangal Dosha is also known as Kuja Dosha, Bhom Dosha, and Angarakha Dosha. And the person with Mangal Dosha is called Manglik.
Mangal Dosha Effects
Mars in 1st house has serious effects on the spouse in a marriage. Conflicts can occur leading to physical violence and assault. Tensions, discomforts, unhappiness, and separation is very much expected from the marriage of a Manglik and non-Manglik person. It is said that a Manglik person has to wed another Manglik person only and if they are not, the possibility is violence and separation in the relationship.
Mars in the 2nd house brings a lot of troubles to the person’s family life as well as disturbances in professional life. Moreover, Mars in the 4th house is also responsible for adverse results in professional life; shifts between jobs, and financial problems.
A person is highly irritable and ill-tempered when Mars is in the 7th house which signifies the aggressive personality of that person and as aforementioned Mars is the planet for aggression and war. Laziness is the result if Mars in the 8th house, s/he is reckless regarding finances and assets and in most cases, a person can end up losing the parental property. Mars in the 12th house signifies mental health problems and financial losses.
However, Mangal Dosha is most importantly sought during marriage to ensure smooth and blissful marital life to be a couple.
Remedies of Mangal Dosha
As the Vedic Astrology has identified different Doshas according to the position of planets, it also has researched the remedies to mitigate these doshas and make life free from turmoil. There are some remedies to dilute the effects and they are listed below:
- Marriage between two Manglik individuals – The ill-effects of Mars are nullified if two Mangliks are married to each other and they spend a happy life together.
- Kumbh Vivah – Performing Kumbh Vivah, which is a marriage of a Mangalik person with a Banana plant, Peepal tree, or an idol of Lord Vishnu according to Vedic Astrology, can cancel the negative effects of Mars.
- Fasting – Manglik person is suggested to keep a fast on Tuesdays eating only split pigeon daal. This is considered one of the most effective remedies for Mangal Dosha.
- Chanting – Mangalik people should chant Mangal mantra or Navagraha mantra every Tuesday and they can also chant Gayatri Mantra 108 times a day or the Hanuman Chalisa.
- Performing Pujas in temples – Performing poojas in Navagraha temples or worshipping lord Hanuman on Tuesdays, offering him vermillion and sweets, and lighting a ghee lamp is suggested.
- Offering and contributions – Offering weapons like swords and knives, food made of red lentils, wheat bread, red silks, and red stones such as corals are considered auspicious on Tuesdays.
- Gemstones – A Mangalik can wear a golden ring with a bright red coral after analyzing a horoscope chart by a trusted astrologer. (Ask Our Astrologers)
Interesting facts about Mangal Dosha
- There was a belief earlier that people born on Tuesdays are Manglik, but actually, it turns out that being born on Tuesday cancels the effect of Mangal Dosha to some extent.
- It is believed that marrying a Manglik girl can cause the death of the husband if he is non-Manglik but according to astrologers, death is a huge event and Mars alone is not powerful enough to cause it. More planets should be working together for such a strong unfortunate event to happen. Thus, there can be some turmoil in marital life, but death is not that easy.
- Whatever the remedies are, the effects of Mars can never be nullified completely, they can just be reduced.
- Mangliks are highly energetic and most of the times it is taken negatively but if this energy is channeled positively and in the right way, they can do wonders. They can sustain that momentum in life to go on fulfilling their dreams.
- Mangliks are focused on their goals and cannot tolerate even a slight distraction and deviation from their dream. Their focus if directed in the right path can gain them their goals.
- They are diligent people and shine in their careers despite the rifts caused by Mars, which also because of Mars which grants them a strong determination and focus.
- It is told that Mangliks shouldn’t marry early and wait at least until they reach 28, though the effect of Mars will not change after 28. It does have a positive side, Mangliks can attain maturity before getting married and they will have more time to find the right partner. Moreover, they will get time to invest in career, education, and obtain the right temperament and mindset for marriage.
- People with Mangal Dosha are blessed with intuition, which guides them through tough situations. They hardly deviate from their conscious mind.
- They are seen as having divine grace in them which can take them to a new level in their life.
While Vedic Astrology does have defined Mangal dosha, its effects, and remedies, it is believed via different of our scriptures that Astrology came into existence long after the Vedas that have put men and women in an equal position. Even so, with the evolvement of Astrology men were shown as superiors to some extent which still prevails today. With the same Mangal Dosha affecting both genders equally, modern astrologers easily bias between men and women tagging Manglik men as very strong, courageous, energetic, forceful, dynamic, fearless, having abilities to conquer their enemies, a Manglik woman is often tagged with arrogance, stubbornness, aggression, intolerant, negative, dominating, housebreaker and sometimes a reason to the death of her husband.
Thus, the way society treats Manglik girls is completely unfair and baseless because our Vedas have never treated men and women differently, also as per the scriptures, Mars does not distinguish between men and women and affects both of them equally.(Last Updated On: January 2, 2021)