Vastu Shastra is a philosophy that focuses on house design to create prosperity and happiness in and around the surroundings. But at the same time, it is equally difficult to design and plan a home according to Vastu Shastra. Even though everyone wants to build a house using a Vastu Vidya it requires a lot of planning and design and skills to build a house balancing things to the utmost ways as per Vastu Shastra.
Vastu House Plan Tips
Here are few Vastu tips on House Planning as per Vastu Shastra
- The most desirable land for a home is with low soil density.
- In Vastu Shastra, square and rectangular-shaped land is considered favorable, whereas triangular, polygonal, and other odd-shaped land are considered unfavorable.
- According to Vastu Shastra, the measurement of any diagonal or corners are extremely important for more precision.
- Direction is one of the most important aspects in Vastu Shastra so it is very important to know the right direction while planning of building a home according to Vastu Shastra. Determining direction is the focal point of Vastu Shastra.
- Another major part of a Vastu home plan is the location of the Entrance. There are altogether total 32 entrances on all four sides. Eight Main Entrances in Each Side. Which are as follows:
- East 1, East 2, East 3, East 4, East 5, East 6, East 7, East 8
- West 1, West 2, West 3, West 4, West 5, West 6, West 7, West 8
- North 1 North 2 North 3 North 4 North 5 North 6 North 7 North 8
- South 1, South 2, South 3, South 4, South 5, South 6, South 7, South 8
- Forming Vastu Pooja on the plot is one of the vital steps that should not be missed before the construction of the house. Vastu Purusha Mandala (master grid of Vastu plans and design) should be kept in the middle of the plot where Pooja is then to be performed.
- Then comes the Vastu House Planning grid of 16 zones which is also considered as one of the very significant steps. In this step, the whole built-ups are divided into 16 Equal angular segments where each zones have its own traits and outcome. It is basically done to find out the best possible placement of bedroom, toilets, stair, kitchen, dining, drawing room or living room.
- Sizes of the room is another important factor to be considered while building a home as the basic prerequisite of a building is to lodge all interior and the inhabitants’ movement to make it well-designed. Hence, the size of a room depends on the utility of the room and furniture of course.
Ideal Sizes of the Rooms
Here are the ideal sizes of all the rooms in a house as per the Vastu Shastra
- Bed Room – Standard size of a bedroom may range from 3000 mm x 3600 mm (10 Feet x 12 Feet) to 3600 mm x 4800 mm (14 Feet x 16 Feet).
- Kitchen – Standard size of Kitchen may range from 2100 mm x 3000 mm ( 7 Feet x 10 Feet ) to 3000 mm x 3600 mm ( 10 Feet x 12 Feet ).
- Toilet and Bathroom – Standard Size may vary from (for combined ) minimum 1200 mm x 2100 mm ( 4 Feet x 7 Feet )
- Living Room – Size vary from 3600 mm x 4200 mm ( 12 Feet x 14 Feet) to 4200 mm x 4800 mm ( 14 Feet x 12 Feet ) .
- Dining Room – Minimum Size of dining room 3000 mm x 2400 mm
Favorable Locations of the Rooms
- Master bedroom – The favorable location of the Master bedroom is very significant for a Vastu House Map. South-West, West, West Of Southwest, North, and North-West are good position for planning bedroom
- Kitchen – South-East is the most desirable location for a Vastu Map. But as per the applied Vastu South-of-South-East, West, and North-West are all good placement for Kitchen.
- living room – A living room is that place in a home where most of the activities are performed such as family recreation, social gathering, and so forth. And it is also the first impression of the home hence it should be planned out of the utmost importance. Basically, a living room must be clutter-free, notable with perfect color and light.
- Staircase – Another thing to be taken care of while building a house is the staircase. As per the Vastu shastra, staircase is auspicious in all 16 Zones but the most desirable direction is South, South-west, and West Zone.
- Puja Room – Similarly, the best position of the Puja Room is Noth-East (Ishaan) Zone and another good direction is at the West Zone of a house.
- Dining room – A dining room should not be kept in a long-distance of kitchen and the best direction for a dining room is West, East, and South Direction.
- Toilet and Bathroom – Avoid construction of Toilet and Bathroom in North-East Zone however North East is good for the Construction of Bath Room with no toilet in it.